Adventure Time!

A blog about the world. According to me. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sarajane kahan hai?

Where is Sarajane? Sarajane India hai. I am in India. I arrived late on the eighth in Dheli to a hot, sticky airport full of bustling pushy people. I have to admit that I was not my bravest at that point. After being dropped of at the YWCA, the place I was stayed until the eleventh I wrote a few quick e-mails telling people I was here then when and hid in my room. I have to say, and I do not say it proudly that I pretty much stayed there for two days straight. I only truly ventured out after I met up with Mr. Kutty the program director and Neeha the women who is supervising the group. It turns out that there is only one other person in the Gap Semester, Varun. He is from Virgina and lives in a Indian family but does not know much about the culture or language. He is twenty and is taking a semester off from collage to do this program.

We arrived at the school two days ago, on the eleventh and have been very busy since. Every morning we wake up and go for a run/walk in the hills then come back, wash up, and head to breakfast. After breakfast we do assorted things and then in the afternoon go to our Hindi language classes. We have only had one class but as you can see above, I have already learned a little. The classes are long and slightly confusing but I am hoping that I adjust well to them.

I am enjoying the school, Neeha, and Varun very much and am sure that by the end of the five months I'm here I simply won't want to leave but, I suppose only time can tell.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to this side of the world! I'm sure it will seem very surreal as you find your barings. So good of you to share your experiences through your blog. I'll be an avid follower. Look for me on Skype. not sure what our time differences are but we are closer than you think. Hope to catch you soon. Until then, happy adjusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Sis! I am glad you're getting out on run/walks to see some of the area, and to feel energized. I'm sure Hindi is a challenge. Keep up the good work! Thanks for posting. I think of you so often and wonder what you're doing/thinking. We had a fun few days at LTL. We didn't go huckleberry picking because all reports are that there aren't any/many to be found. Poppa was glad to hear news of your adventures thus far. He is so happy you are experiencing this place that is so special to him. Please take pics and post them when you can. Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. be brave sarajane.
    (be brave).

    all my love.
    cori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaste Sarajane. Your adventure has begun! I am enjoying your blog and will bookmark it -- so post often. Your readers will share your thoughts and your emotions as the strange becomes normal and the unusual becomes expected. Make a list of what we should see and do in November.
    Namaste,
    Karl

    ReplyDelete